Founder of Honshitsu Budo Jiujitsu
and Honshitsu Budo Kenjitsu
Founder of Tribe-K Kali
Guro Sean Hurst
- Associate instructor/Guro in Inosanto lacoste Kali and Sifu in Jun Fan Gung Fu- JKD under Guro Kenny Barry. Guro Barry taught me allot about seeing the bigger picture in martial arts and has been a huge influence in how I structure my curriculum.
- Full instructor in Combat Application Systems
- Nidan in Nihon Jujitsu under Sensei David Parritt
- Student level 5 in CSW Under Erik Paulson.
- Brown Belt in Judo
- Green belt in Shorinryu karate under Sensei Robert Scagleone
- Certified as an amateur boxing coach and judge by United States amateur boxing association
- Certified by Kimber Hill as an instructor in Century Lil’ dragon program.
- Aiki Ken, Aikido under Sensei Autrelle Holland
- Kashima Shin Ryu Kenjutsu
- Training in Tenshin shoden Katori Shinto Ryu
- Founder of Honshitsu Budo Jiujitsu, and Honshitsu Budo Kenjitsu
- Trained with Magulang na Guro Dan Inosanto, Grandmaster Tom Sippin, Sifu Burton Richardson, Guro Lavonne Martin, Grandmaster Tom Sippin, Erik Paulson, Guro Brian Gerona, Sifu Anthony Sell, Sifu Lee Peacock, Guru Kenny Barry, Shihan David Parritt, Shihan Bruce Bethers, Sensei Miguel Medina, Sensei/Guro/Sifu Israel Cruz, and Sensei Autrelle Holland
“It is my goal to see every one of my students surpass my skill and knowledge in the Martial Arts.”
I started training in the martial arts in 1981. It is a life long process that has taught me more than just fighting and I hope to continue it for the rest of my life.
I have had the privilege to train with some of the best instructors in the world throughout my life, and have had many opportunities to utilize my training. Including: working in loss prevention for Sears and Target, Combat in an elite military unit for the U.S. Army in Afghanistan and Iraq and Finally as an instructor training competitors for MMA, Jiu Jitsu tournaments, and Military and Law enforcement. These different situations have taught me the difference between Martial Arts for Self-defense, Self-Preservation, and Sport.
It is my goal to share what I have learned with my students. I do not believe in keeping techniques secret, but rather sharing them in hopes that as my students get better so will I. It is my Goal to see every one of my students surpass my skill and knowledge in the Martial Arts.
Some of the Military units I have trained
* Trained soldiers for the United States army’s 10th mountain division and members of TF-121
* Trained soldiers from the 1215th Military Police company
* Trained soldiers from ODA 133 (Special Forces Team)