2020欧洲杯体育投注网站The McLaren staff who went into quarantine in Australia are due to return home to the United Kingdom this week, the team has confirmed.
One member of McLaren’s travelling crew tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus during the build-up to the Australian Grand Prix, prompting the team to withdraw from the event.
The grand prix was then cancelled in its entirety while further McLaren personnel went into quarantine in Melbourne, leading to 16 team members having to stay out.
2020欧洲杯体育投注网站They all tested negative and have now been given the all-clear to return home, albeit with travel plans complicated by international restrictions and airline shutdowns.
“I stayed out with them for a couple of extra days and some senior members of the team are still there with them,” said McLaren team boss Andreas Seidl on Tuesday.
“All the team members who had been tested as a precaution tested negative, which is fantastic news.
“The person that had tested positive is now feeling well and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the UK this week.”
The McLaren personnel who were able to return to the UK immediately have not since returned to the Technology Centre in order to reduce the risk to other personnel.
But in line with advice from the UK government, and with Formula 1 moving its summer shutdown, the Formula 1 arm of the MTC will now be closed until mid-April.
“Currently, the key focus for everyone in the team is on staying safe,” said Seidl.
“Prior to shutdown, much of the team are working from home, with only critical staff working in the factory on split shift working schedules.
“This enables us to be ready to go racing again as soon as we can, while minimising the risk to our team.
“We all want to go racing and we carry that passion with us whatever our working arrangements are. The effort doesn’t stop, we just make sure that we are working in a safe manner.”